Tutti fruitti treat – make the most of the stone fruit season with this scrumptious dessert or afternoon tea.
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 free-range eggs, room temperature
- 300 ml carton sour cream
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 2 yellow peaches, halved, stones removed, cut into thin wedges
- 3 plums, halved, stones removed, cut into thin wedges
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 140 g tub spreadable cream cheese
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth. Add flour, in batches, stirring until combined. Spoon into pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 30 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make vanilla syrup, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Boil, without stirring, for about 8 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Cool.
- To make topping, beat cream cheese in same, clean bowl of electric mixer until smooth. Add cream and sugar. Beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Just before serving, spread topping over cake. Arrange fruit over topping. Drizzle with vanilla syrup.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||24.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||44.7 g|
|- Sugars||30.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|