You can make this slice up to three days ahead, making it the perfect go-to lunchbox snack.
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 175 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 nectarines, halved, stones removed, cut into thin wedges
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Return husks from sieve to bowl. Stir in oats and sugar. Add butter. Stir until combined.
- Press three quarters of the mixture over base of prepared pan. Spread nectarines over top.
- Combine remaining oat mixture with coconut. Sprinkle over the nectarines. Press down.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Leave in pan until cold.
- To make icing, place sugar in a bowl. Stir in enough juice until a pouring consistency.
- Lift slice out of pan. Drizzle with icing. Stand until set. Cut into bars.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.9 g|
|- Sugars||19.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|