This delicious treat is the perfect addition to an Australia Day celebration, or just an afternoon tea with an Aussie flair.
- 450 g packet plain madeira cake loaf
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 22 frozen raspberries
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Process cake and ¼ cup of the coconut in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in milk until combined.
- Roll 1 tblsp of cake mixture into a ball. Using your thumb, make an indent into the ball. Place a raspberry in it. Pinch cake mixture together to enclose. Roll to reshape. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining cake mixture and raspberries to make 22 balls in total. Refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, make icing. Combine sugar and sifted cocoa in a medium bowl. Add water. Whisk until smooth. Cool slightly.
- One a time, dip balls into icing, then roll in remaining coconut to coat. Transfer to tray. Stand for 15 minutes before serving
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.4 g|
|- Sugars||27.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|