These will be your new favourite crispy party-starters. Sriracha sauce adds that extra-spicy edge that nobody will be able to resist!
- 600 g salmon fillets, no skin and bones removed
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- pinch freshly ground white pepper
- pinch good-quality sea salt flakes
- 1.5 l oil for deep frying
- 1 pack wonton wrappers
- 2 limes, segmented and finely diced
- 2 spring onions, white part only, 'very finely diced
- 6cm piece pickled daikon (available in Asian supermarkets), sliced and diced finely
- 3 radishes, finely sliced
- ½ firm iceberg lettuce
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha hot chilli sauce
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- Wrap salmon in plastic wrap and place in freezer for about 15 minutes before slicing. This will make it much easier to cut. When ready, unwrap and cut into 1cm-thick slices, then dice. Put salmon in a medium bowl and drizzle with sesame oil, extra virgin olive oil and soy sauce. Add salt and pepper. Spoon salmon straight onto a platter.
- In a deep-sided pan or wok, heat the cooking oil to about 180ºC when tested with a cook’s thermometer. Fry wontons in batches until crisp, about 30-40 seconds per batch, set aside. These will be used as a crispy cracker
- Tumble lime, onions, pickled daikon and radish over salmon.
- Chop lettuce very finely and pile it in a separate serving bowl.
- Serve lettuce, sriracha sauce and wontons alongside the salmon.
- To assemble, spoon salmon mixture on wontons, add a touch of sriracha and top with lettuce and mint.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|