This is a brilliant recipe to have up your sleeve, as it takes just half an hour with ingredients you'll likely have handy in the kitchen.
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, diced
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground white pepper, to season
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine
- 375 g smooth ricotta
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 75 g Parmesan, finely grated
- cooked brown rice, to serve
- Slice chicken into 1cm strips. Put flour in a large bowl, add chicken and toss to coat, shaking off excess. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry chicken for 5 minutes, turning, until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low. Add butter, leek and garlic to the same pan. Cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until softened. Season well then return chicken to pan. Add wine, then ricotta. Stir to combine. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened and chicken is cooked.
- Mix in the peas and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir in the parsley and parmesan. Serve with brown rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.0 g|
|- Sugars||2.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|