Rich brioche French toast, served with lashings of whipped cream, salted caramel sauce and a sneaky chocolate egg. The ultimate breakfast treat for Easter Sunday.
- 3 free-range eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp salted caramel sauce, plus extra to serve
- 9 slices sliced brioche
- 80 g butter
- fresh strawberries, to serve
- aerosol whipped cream, to serve
- In a bowl, place eggs, milk and salted caramel sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Place a large-sized frypan over a medium heat. Add half the butter. When bubbly, dip 2-3 slices of the brioche into the egg mixture and add to the pan
- Cook for 2 minutes each side, turning when golden. Transfer to a tray. Keep warm in a slow oven (150°C). If you like, add a little more butter to the pan and cook another batch of brioche. Using the remaining butter to cook the remaining slices.
- Cut slices in half and stack three per serve. Top with berries, and whipped cream. Drizzle with extra salted caramel sauce before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.5 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|