Time for a revamp! We all love prosciutto-wrapped melon and it makes the great start to a lovely salad for entertaining. Combine it with your favourite berries and a little balsamic glaze, or give it some WOW factor with a little goat’s cheese.
- 2 baby cos lettuce, rinsed, leaves separated
- 1 small honeydew melon, peeled
- 150 g prosciutto slices
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or raspberries, sliced
- 4 fresh figs, quartered (optional)
- balsamic glaze, to serve
- Arrange separated cos lettuce leaves onto a serving platter.
- Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice each half into 6-8 wedges. Wrap each wedge with a slice of prosciutto.
- Arrange melon wrapped prosciutto over the cos lettuce. Add the berries and figs.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
This salad tastes equally as good with wedges of rockmelon or sliced ripe pear tossed with a little lemon juice. Make the salad up to 3 hours ahead of time. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish just before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.1 g|
|- Sugars||10.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|