This all-in-one tray 5-ingredient lamb roast will leave them begging for more.
- 1.5 kg Dutch cream potatoes, peeled, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.2 kg leg ham, excess fat trimmed
- 1 cup hot vegetable stock
- Rocket and parmesan salad, to serve (see below)
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Take a large, deep sided baking tray and grease with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, place chopped potatoes, tomatoes, half the garlic and the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes and tomatoes into the tray and place the lamb on top. Make incisions over the surface of the lamb and fill with remaining garlic slivers. Season with a little black pepper.
- Pour the hot stock into the pan and cook for 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, increase oven temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and set the lamb aside. Wrapping in foil to rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile slice the lamb and when potatoes are done place the lamb over the top of the vegetables. Garnish with a little rocket and accompany with rocket & parmesan salad.
ROCKET & PARMESAN SALAD
Take 120g of baby rocket leaves and pop into a bowl, dress with a little olive oil, lemon juice and honey. Toss to combine. Season with black pepper and top with parmesan cheese shavings.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.0 g|
|- Sugars||3.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|