These gratin slices are great! There's nothing more yummy than buttery potatoes infused with garlic, nutmeg, parmesan.
- melted butter, to grease
- 500 ml milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 g butter, chopped
- sea salt flakes and black pepper to season
- 1.3 kg Desiree potatoes, peeled, sliced 3mm thick
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 125 ml thickened cream
- 20 g Parmesan, finely grated
- parsley, leaves picked, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180ºC fanforced (200ºC conventional). Grease a 30 x 20cm lamington tin with melted butter, line base with baking paper. Sit tin on an oven tray.
- Put milk, garlic and chopped butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, season. Set aside.
- Arrange potatoes in one overlapping layer on bottom of tin. Season generously and sprinkle with a little grated nutmeg.
- Repeat Step 3, layering 3 times, seasoning each layer and sprinkling with nutmeg. Use your hands to press down the layers to compact them. Pour hot milk mixture over potatoes to come up just a little below the top layer. Cover with a sheet of baking paper, then cover completely with foil so no air escapes, and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Increase oven to 220ºC fanforced (240ºC conventional). Remove the foil and baking paper. Pour over cream, scatter with parmesan and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until the top is golden. Stand for 15 minutes to allow potatoes to absorb the cream mixture. Cut into rectangles, garnish with parsley and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.5 g|
|- Sugars||5.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|