Let's go Greek – entertain friends with a Greek-inspired menu.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup risoni
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice
- 1 litre chicken stock
- ¾ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup natural almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup pitted Sicilian olive, halved
- Heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add risoni, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until risoni is golden brown. Add rice. Cook, stirring for 2 mins.
- Stir in stock. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer over a low heat for about 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, almonds and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve pilaf sprinkled with olives.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|