This quick-fix weeknight meal is on the table in less than 35 minutes – add in an awesome flavour, and this is a winner!
- 1 kg bag frozen straight cut oven chips
- 4 x 200 g beef porterhouse steaks
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning
- 320 g jar grilled eggplant slices in oil, drained
- 400 g jar napoletana sauce
- 1 ¼ cups grated mozzarella
- baby rocket salad mix to serve
- Cook chips according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with seasoning. Drain eggplant, reserving 1 tblsp of the oil.
- Heat reserved oil in a large, frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 2 minutes each side, or until browned. Spoon over pasta sauce. Cook for a further 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
- Arrange eggplant over beef. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with lid. Return pan to a medium to high heat. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve beef with chips and salad mix.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.3 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|