This classic Indian-style dish can be served with Greek yoghurt for a creamy finish. Make it tonight!
- 500 g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp mild curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 450 g microwaveable basmati rice
- ⅓ cup sultanas
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- roasted cashews, to serve
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb and garlic. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 6 minutes, or until changed in colour.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place rice in a bowl. Crumble with your fingers to separate the grains.
- Add rice and sultanas to the pan. Stir well. Add stock. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Cook over a medium to low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in onions and coriander.
- Serve with cashews.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||108.7 g|
|- Sugars||14.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|