These delicious bites combine your favourite fruit with a chocolatey coffee boost, making it a great, boozy, after-work snack
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 200 g dark chocolate melts
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp brandy
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 250 g punnet fresh strawberries
- toffee, crushed, optional
- Make toffee by dissolving ½ cup caster sugar in ¼ cup water in a saucepan over a low heat. Bring to boil. Boil, without stirring, until golden brown. Immediately pour over a lightly oiled oven tray. Leave until set. Place toffee in a plastic bag. Crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt 200g Dark Choc Melts with 2 tblsps cream, 1 tblsp brandy and 2 tsps instant coffee granules in a heatproof bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove.
- One at a time, dip a 250g punnet of strawberries, three quarters of the way up the side, into chocolate mixture. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with toffee. Stand until set. Refrigerate, covered.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||27.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||109.1 g|
|- Sugars||96.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.3 g|