These super-scrumptious slices have no baking required, making them ideal for a quick fix. Who can resist the chocolate and mint combo?
- 250 g packet choc ripple biscuits
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 3 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp peppermint essence
- liquid green food colouring
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate melts
- 1 ½ Tbsp vegetable oil
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, 3cm above pan edges.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate while making filling.
- To make filling, place coconut in a large bowl. Add condensed milk and essence. Stir until combined. Tint green with colouring. Press mixture over biscuit base. Smooth over top.
- To make topping, place ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Pour over filling. Spread evenly. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, until firm.
- Lift slice out of pan onto a chopping board. Cut into squares to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.5 g|
|- Sugars||21.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|