This after-school snack is a quick treat that will satisfy the hungriest of kids... and adults, too! You've never had banana bread like this before.
- 550 g loaf banana bread
- ½ x 250 g tub spreadable cream cheese
- 3 tsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 125 g punnet blueberries
- ¼ cup blueberry jam
- Trim ends off bread. Cut into 12 equal slices (about 1cm thick).
- Combine cream cheese, honey and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix well. Spread over one side of bread. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Spread 2 tsps jam evenly over one side of each of the remaining bread slices. Place the bread, jam-side down, on top of the blueberries.
- Cook toasties in two batches. Place in a heated sandwich press for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly golden and hot. Remove.
- Cut in half to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||62.3 g|
|- Sugars||10.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|