This recipe is proudly sponsored by
This healthy Middle Eastern salad with a tuna spin is a quick and easy lunch or light dinner.
- juice 1 large lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground sumac
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 2 green spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed, trimmed, coarsely shredded
- 2 red radish, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 2 x 95 g cans canned tuna in springwater and lemon, undrained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Crispy bread pieces
- 1 large piece Lebanese bread round, separated into two layers
- olive oil spray
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- To make the crispy bread pieces, place the layers of bread onto a baking tray. Spray generously with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sea salt flakes. Bake in a moderately slow oven (160°C) for 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing and salad. Place the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, sumac and crushed garlic into a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Flake the tuna from the can with a fork, add all the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide into bowls.
- Top salad with a few pieces of crispy bread and serve remaining bread on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.0 g|
|- Sugars||7.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.6 g|