This recipe is proudly sponsored by
Canned tuna makes this Asian-style meal budget-friendly and quick to whip up.
- 250 g bean shoots, rinsed, trimmed
- 2 green spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, diced or grated
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1cm slices
- 225 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ⅔ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 3 x 85 g cans Sirena soy and ginger tuna, undrained
- 3 baby gem lettuces, washed, leaves separated
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Combine half the bean shoots with the green spring onions, and set side.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or deep-sided frying pan. Add the red onion and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beans, water chestnuts, remaining bean shoots, sweet chilli sauce and undrained tuna, flaked with a fork.
- Continue to cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter, with the bean shoot and green spring onion garnish and lime wedges. Serve with tuna mixture.
- Allow everyone at the table to help themselves, scooping the mixture into the lettuce leaves and topping with bean shoot mixture and a squeeze of lime.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.7 g|
|- Sugars||29.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.3 g|