A taste of Italy – bellisimo… whip up a delicious yet simple favourite meal the whole family can enjoy.
- 2 x 400 g pork fillets, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- steamed green beans, to serve
- steamed chat potatoes, to serve
- fresh oregano, to garnish
Pancetta herb stuffing
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 50 g sliced pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 25 g butter, room temperature
- To make stuffing, heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add fennel seeds. Stir for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to a mortar. Coarsely grind using a pestle. Transfer to a bowl. Add the pancetta, garlic, chopped herbs and butter and mix well.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each fillet lengthways down the centre, about three-quarters of the way through. Open out flat. Spread stuffing evenly down the centre of each one.
- Place one fillet on top of the other, stuffing-side up. Fold over to enclose. Tie at 3cm intervals with kitchen string to secure.
- Heat oil in a large, flame-proof roasting pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork, turn occasionally for about 7 minutes, or until meat is browned all over. Transfer pan to a moderate oven (180C). Cook pork for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Place on a tray. Rest, loosely covered with foil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pan with cooking juices over a medium to high heat. Bring to a boil. Add wine and stock. Boil, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half. Transfer to a jug.
- Remove string from pork. Thickly slice. Serve with beans and potatoes. Spoon over sauce. Garnish with oregano.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.4 g|
|- Sugars||0.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|