It's a taste of Italy – this dinnertime favourite is a crowd-pleasing stunner with cheesy crumbs no one will be able to resist.
- 2 x 250 g punnets cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 375 g linguine
- 1 cup fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp drained baby capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the tomatoes with oil, garlic and chilli in a roasting pan.
- Cook the ingredients in a hot oven (200C), stirring halfway through, for about 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are just softened.
- Meanwhile, spray an oven tray with cooking oil. Sprinkle over breadcrumbs, then the parmesan. Spray the crumb mixture with cooking oil.
- Cook crumbs in same hot oven, stirring halfway, for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cook the linguine in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to the pot.
- Add tomato mixture with cooking juices, basil, olives, capers and reserved cooking liquid. Season. Stir to combine.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with breadcrumb mixture. Garnish with extra basil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||87.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.1 g|