Quick fix weeknight – get this tasty meal on the table in less than half an hour. Yay!
- 2 x 225 g packets ready-made falafel
- 2 Lebanese bread rounds
- 250 g packet fresh beetroot, drained, coarsely grated
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 120 g bag baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, coarsely grated
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place falafel on an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 minutes, or until hot.
- Place bread on a separate oven tray.
- Cook in same moderate oven for about 8 minutes, or until crisp. Cool. Break into large pieces.
- To make tzatziki, combine all ingredients in a large jug.
- Divide falafel, beetroot, carrot and spinach among bowls. Spoon over tzatziki. Serve with the bread.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||70.3 g|
|- Sugars||10.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|