These delicious biccies are perfect for afternoon tea, and coeliacs will be able to enjoy the amazing taste of chcoolate and date.
- 2 cups pure icing sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 125 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 3 free-range egg whites, room temperature, lightly beaten
- Line three large oven trays with baking paper.
- Sift sugar and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in chocolate, almond meal, chopped almonds and dates. Add egg whites. Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture, about 4cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Cook two trays at a time, in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 25 minutes, or until biscuits are firm. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Repeat with remaining tray.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.1 g|
|- Sugars||23.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|