Cook against the clock – this portable office lunch will satisfy your hunger with a delicious lunch that you can make ahead!
- 4 thick slices pane di casa bread loaf
- 50 g butter, softened
- 80 g shaved leg ham
- 80 g shaved roast pork
- 1 Tbsp American mild mustard
- 120 g sliced pickled cucumbers, drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 25 g baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread one side of each slice of pane di casa bread with butter.
- Divide the ham then pork evenly over two slices. Spread evenly with the mustard.
- Top each with cucumbers, cheese and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Place remaining bread slices on top, buttered-side down to make sandwiches.
- Wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate, until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, cook sandwiches in a heated sandwich press for about 2 minutes on each side, or until lighted toasted. Cut in half.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||23.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||57.0 g|
|- Sugars||3.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|