This quick fix weeknight dish means your dinner will be on the table in just under half an hour.
- 1 small gluten-free chicken or vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 450 g packet brown rice
- 350 g tomato and chargrilled vegetable pasta sauce
- 180 g tub char-grilled marinated eggplant slices, drained, coarsely chopped
- 170 g jar marinated artichokes, drained, coarsely chopped
- 60 g bag baby spinach leaves
- grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Dissolve the stock cube in 1 cup of boiling water in a heatproof jug.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in the rice, stir-through sauce and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add the eggplant and artichokes. Cover with a lid. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the spinach until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Serve rice with the grated parmesan
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||93.8 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.6 g|