This fresh new recipe will have you going taco crazy. Make Taco Tuesday a weekly feature in your dinner repertoire.
- 1 large corn cob, husks removed
- 8 mini flour tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 600 g beef sirloin steaks
- butter lettuce
- tomatoes, diced
- crumbled soft feta
- 1 ½ cups fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- To make chimichurri, process herbs, chilli and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add oil and vinegar. Process until combined. Transfer to a jug. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, place corn on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with damp absorbent kitchen paper. Microwave on High for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat a large barbecue grill plate over a hot heat. Add the corn. Cook, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until charred. Remove. Cool. Cut kernels from the cob.
- Reheat same hot, oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add tortillas in two batches. Cook for about 1 minute, or until charred. Remove. Keep warm.
- Add seasoned beef to same oiled, hot grill plate. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest steaks, loosely covered with foil for 2 minutes. Thinly slice.
- To serve, top tortillas with lettuce, beef, corn, tomatoes and feta. Spoon over chimichurri.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||56.5 g|
|- Sugars||9.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|