Make tacos with a twist in this satisfying family dinner you can whip up in half an hour. It's genius!
- 12 taco shells
- 1 ½ cups grated cheese
- sour cream, to serve
- sliced avocado
- coriander to serve
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 750 g chicken mince
- 30 g taco seasoning mix
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- Arrange shells in a single layer in an oiled, large oven-proof dish (14-cup capacity).
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove.
- Meanwhile, make filling. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until changed in colour. Add spice mix. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Bring to boil. Stir in onions and coriander. Remove.
- Divide filling among hot shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Return dish to hot oven. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and fresh coriander sprigs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||21.7 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.0 g|