This unexpected twist on an Indian family favourite is destined to be a hit with family and friends.
- 700 g diced chicken breast
- ¼ cup butter chicken sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 400 g canned cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 300 ml tub light thickened cream
- 8 flat-bottom taco shells
- 250 g microwaveable white long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- To make pickle, dissolve sugar in water in a bowl. Stir in all the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate, covered for 20 minutes.
- Combine chicken and paste in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Return all chicken to pan with tomatoes and cream.
- Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla boats on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 minutes, or until crisp.
- Heat rice according to packet directions. Divide among boats. Top with butter chicken and cucumber pickle
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||25.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.0 g|
|- Sugars||14.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|