This amazing twist on Korean-style beef is made with delicious marinade and tossed into taco boats. How about that?
- 500 g beef rump steak
- 300 g bag creamy kale coleslaw kit
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- ⅓ cup kewpie mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 8 flat-bottom taco shells
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into very thin slices.
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the beef. Toss well. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Combine slaw, cucumber, half the onions and half the sesame seeds in a bowl. Add combined mayonnaise and juice. Toss to combine.
- Place tortilla boats on oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 minutes, or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, drain beef. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Heat an oiled, large wok over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove.
- Divide slaw evenly among boats. Top with beef. Garnish with remaining onions and seeds. Serve with extra mayonnaise.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.7 g|
|- Sugars||10.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|