Make an all-time favourite everyone will love with this simple recipe
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 quantity chocolate cake batter (see linked recipe)
- cocoa powder, to decorate
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- 380 g canned caramel top 'n' fill
- Grease two 19cm x 30cm lamington pans. Line the bases and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm above the pan edges.
- Dissolve coffee granules in water in a heatproof jug. Cool. Reserve 2 tsps.
- Fold the remaining coffee into the cake batter in a large bowl. Divide evenly between prepared pans and smooth the tops.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 25 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from the oven and stand cakes in pans for 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool.
- To make the caramel cream, beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Whisk caramel in a bowl until smooth. Fold into cream with reserved coffee.
- To serve, sandwich cakes together with half the caramel cream. Spread remaining caramel cream over top. Dust with sifted cocoa.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.7 g|
|- Sugars||10.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|