Bake up these all-time favourites that all your guests will love. It's a budget buster!
- 1 quantity chocolate cake batter (see linked recipe)
- 415 g can canned pitted black cherries in light syrup, drained
- ½ cup shredded coconut, plus extra to decorate
- 225 g packet dark chocolate melts
- ¼ cup pure cream
- Line two x 12-hole muffin pans (1/3 -cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Place batter in a large bowl. Fold in cherries and coconut. Divide evenly among paper cases in the pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 25 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Remove. Stand cakes in pans for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make ganache, stir chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water, until melted and smooth. Remove bowl. Cool slightly.
- Spread 1 tsp ganache over the top of each cupcake. Decorate with extra coconut.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.1 g|
|- Sugars||11.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|