Capsicum is the versatile vegetable that makes a welcome addition to any dish!
- 4 medium red capsicums
- 500 g beef mince
- 30 g sachet taco seasoning mix
- 453 g jar black bean and chipotle salsa
- 300 g corn kernels
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups white corn chips
- 1 cup grated cheese
- guacamole to serve
- sour cream to serve
- Cut capsicums in half lengthways. Remove and discard membranes and seeds. Place cut-side down in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until tender. Remove pan.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until changed in colour. Add spice mix. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add salsa and corn. Bring to boil. Season. Remove.
- Turn over capsicums. Spoon in beef mixture. Press chips over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return pan to a hot oven (200C). Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer capsicums to a dish. Serve capsicums with guacamole and sour cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||104.5 g|
|- Sugars||13.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.5 g|