This simply stunning cheesecake – go chocolate, cherry and coconut crazy with a rich and creamy baked cake.
- cooking oil spray, to grease
- 250 g chocolate biscuits
- 80 g butter, melted
- 2 x 250 g cream cheese, chopped, softened
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 200 g dark chocolate melts, melted
- 3 free-range eggs
- 300 ml sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cherries dipped in white chocolate, to garnish
- dark chocolate curls, to garnish
- toasted coconut flakes to garnish
- 100 g thickened cream
- 50 g dark chocolate melts, melted
- Follow Steps 1–6 of classic baked vanilla cheesecake recipe (linked recipe), adding melted dark chocolate at the end of Step 6 once condensed milk has been incorporated, beating on low until just incorporated.
- Continue to follow Steps 7–9 of classic baked vanilla cheesecake.
- To make chocolate ganache, put cream in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate. Set aside for 10 minutes, then stir until smooth. Set aside for 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Spoon ganache over chilled cheesecake to cover the top, letting it drip down the side. Garnish with a ring of cherries, chocolate curls and a sprinkle of coconut chips. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||27.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||44.9 g|
|- Sugars||38.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|