These healthy baked muffins are great for school lunches, and they can be prepared in just one bowl – making cleanup a breeze.
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, plus extra ½ banana, thinly sliced into 12 pieces
- 1 free-range egg
- 125 ml light-flavoured olive oil
- 1 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup frozen blueberries, plus extra ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced (220°C conventional). Line a 12 hole 1/3-cup capacity muffin tray with paper cases. Put one ripe bananas into a mixing bowl and use a fork to mash it until almost smooth. Add egg, extra virgin olive oil, yoghurt and sugar, then whisk with a fork until just combined.
- Add flour, chia seeds, baking powder and cinnamon, then stir with a fork until just combined – don’t over-mix. Gently fold blueberries through batter then spoon batter into muffin holes. Scatter with extra blueberries and extra sliced banana. Bake for 25 minutes then set aside for 15 minutes and eat warm, or set aside to cool completely. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.9 g|
|- Sugars||15.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|