Give the pub a miss! This easy steak and chips dinner is a real winner – it’s simple to prepare and costs just a fraction of the price.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp dukkah
- 4 beef porterhouse steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
- balsamic glaze, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Arrange sweet potato wedges in a single layer on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with half the Dukkah mix. Turn the wedges and sprinkle the other side. Cook a further 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, spray steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Preheat a chargrill pan or frying pan. Sear steaks for 2-3 minutes each side, or until done to your preference. Remove from the grill and stand for 3 minutes. Slice steak.
- To serve, divide the rocket between plates and top with sweet potato wedges and steak slices. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and season with pepper before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.6 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|