Ready-made sausages easily convert to meatballs in this easy dinner idea. If you have some leftover cooked sausages on hand, you can slice them instead and reheat in the sauce for an even quicker meal idea.
- 500 g rigatoni pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500 g Cumberland pork sausage meat
- 2 x 390 g cartons tomatoes with garlic & olive oil
- 120 g packet baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add rigatoni pasta and cook for 12 minutes or until tender, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Drain the pasta well and return to the saucepan. Drizzle with a little olive oil and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place a large fry pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Holding the sausage firmly, pull the meat from its casing. Add to the pan, continuing until the base is loosely covered, but not overcrowded.
- Cook, shaking the pan occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until meatballs are golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining sausages and set aside. Remove any excess oil from the pan and add the tomatoes. Heat, stirring often until tomatoes are simmering. Add the pesto and sausage meatballs. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add the spinach leaves and pasta, stirring to combine. Divide into individual serving bowls and top with parmesan. Serve with a side salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||92.8 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|