If you're looking for a tasty dinner option, this dish ticks all the boxes.
- 2 x 300 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 100 g dried Pad Thai noodles
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapples
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, trimmed, cut into batons
- ½ cup fresh Thai basil
- ⅓ cup dry roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- ¼ cup satay sauce
- 1 Tbsp kecap manis
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan with coconut milk and lime leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover. Gently simmer, turning halfway, for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Remove chicken from coconut milk, reserving ½ cup for dressing. Discard lime leaves. Thinly slice the chicken.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a jug with reserved warm coconut milk until smooth.
- Toss noodles in a large bowl with pineapple, salad leaves, cucumbers and basil. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with chicken. Pour over dressing and sprinkle with nuts. Serve salad with lime wedges
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||21.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.5 g|
|- Sugars||9.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|