Enjoy the amazing taste of banana in these unique cookies that will hit the sweet spot.
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- ¾ cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dried banana chips, plus extra 14
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 free-range egg
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Process dates, flour, baking powder, coconut, almonds, oats and banana chips in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk oil, honey, milk and egg in a jug until combined. Add to date mixture. Mix well.
- Drop 2 tblsps of mixture onto a prepared tray. Spread into a 5cm flat circle. Gently press an extra banana chip into the centre. Repeat with remaining mixture and extra banana chips, spacing circles 4cm apart.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway, for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch. Remove. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.9 g|
|- Sugars||29.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.8 g|