We used almond and vanilla favoured granola, but any type can be used – delish!
- 1 ½ cups granola
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Stir granola into flour, sugar, coconut, macadamias and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and syrup in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Dissolve soda in boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Add to butter mixture in pan. Stir until frothy. Remove pan from heat.
- Add warm butter mixture to granola mixture. Mix well until combined.
- Roll ¼ cups of mixture into balls. Place 6cm apart on trays. Press to flatten slightly.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway, for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch. Remove. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.6 g|
|- Sugars||42.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.5 g|