Winning ways with coconut milk – add a creamy tropical flavour to this savoury dish
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup tikka masala curry sauce
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup water
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- steamed basmati rice
- toasted flaked almonds
- fresh coriander
- 500 g chicken mince
- ¾ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 green spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make meatballs, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well. Using damp hands, roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls (makes 16).
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning regularly, for about 6 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add combined pastes and garlic to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in water and milk. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Return meatballs to pan. Cover with lid. Simmer for a further 5 to 7 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve meatballs over rice. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish with coriander
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||24.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.0 g|
|- Sugars||8.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.5 g|