This terrific tart contains coconut milk and its base is filled with amazing butternut snap cookies. Cover with thickened cream and fresh blueberries for a moreish dessert!
- 250 g packet butternut snap cookies
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 75 g unsalted butter, melted
- 300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
- fresh blueberries, to serve
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp custard powder
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- Grease a 24cm round, loose-base flan tin (2.5cm deep). Place on a tray.
- Process cookies in a food processor until finely crushed. Add coconut and butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over the base and up side of prepared tin. Place tin in refrigerator while making filling.
- To make filling, combine coconut milk, milk, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until hot. Do not boil.
- Place yolks, custard powder and cornflour in a heatproof bowl. Add 2 tblsps hot milk mixture. Whisk until combined. Gradually whisk in remaining hot milk mixture. Return to same saucepan.
- Bring to boil, whisking continuously, over a medium to high heat. Continue to whisk for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour into flan tin. Spread evenly. Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove tart from tin. Top with cream and blueberries. Cut into wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||33.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.5 g|
|- Sugars||23.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|