It’s party time! Treat the kids this holiday break with a simple cake. It’s so easy, they can help mix the ingredients, watch it bake and decorate it too. No fairy floss? Give it a unicorn touch with a sprinkle of 100’s and 1000’s.
- cooking oil spray
- 2 x 340 g vanilla cake mix
- 600 ml cream soda, chilled
- ¾ cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- Persian fairy floss, to decorate
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Spray the cooking surface of a 21cm x 9cm (2.2L) medium bundt tin.
- Empty the cake mix into a large bowl and break up any lumps by whisking with a whisk. Make a well in the centre. Add creaming soda all at once and mix briefly with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix. Stand for 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden-brown, and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl and add 1 tbsp hot water. Mix until smooth. Pour over the cake and allow to set. Decorate with fairy floss.
Add a little extra water to icing sugar mixture if needed to make a smooth consistency
Store undecorated cake in an airtight container, and consume within 3 days. Cake can also be frozen for up to 4 weeks.
Once decorated, the cake is best consumed on the day.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.0 g|
|- Sugars||25.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|