A can of soup makes an instant sauce for a pot of pasta. Just add in your favourite vegetables and cheese for a meal in minutes!
- 500 g packet large spiral pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 420 g canned condensed tomato soup
- ½ cup finely grated tasty cheese
- black pepper to season
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 12 minutes or until just tender. Add the broccoli and cook for 1 minute, before removing broccoli with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan over medium heat. Add the tomato soup and reserved liquid. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until well heated. Add broccoli and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. Add half the cheese and season to taste with black pepper. Divide into serving bowls and top with remaining grated cheese before serving.
Use any vegetables you have on hand for this quick meal. Leftovers make ideal workday lunches too.
Spice it up! Add some crushed chilli flakes, or a sprinkle of dried marjoram or oregano for a little added flavour.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||108.2 g|
|- Sugars||12.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.2 g|