This one-pan, French onion dip-flavoured pasta is a cinch to prepare and makes the perfect meal idea for kids. Top it with a range of grated fresh vegies or salad, or their favourite steamed vegetables.
- 2 cups dried macaroni pasta
- 490 g jar three-cheese sauce
- 35 g salt-reduced dry French onion soup mix
- a few baby spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cups grated mixed or shredded vegetables (such as zucchini and carrot)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Reserve 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Drain the macaroni and return to the pan.
- Place the saucepan back over a medium heat. Add the pasta bake sauce and French onion soup mix, along with the cooking liquid. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until well heated.
- Divide into serving dishes and top with lettuce leaves and shredded vegetables before serving.
Pasta is easily prepared ahead of time. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Use within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave on 100% power, stirring occasionally until piping hot. Top with vegies and salad to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.6 g|
|- Sugars||4.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|