We have your chocolate cravings covered with these indulgent treats topped with a strawberry finish
- 200 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 175 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled, chopped
- ⅔ cup icing sugar mixture
- 250 g packet cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- 1 cup white chocolate melts, melted, cooled
- pink food colouring, to tint
- Grease two 6-hole silicone muffin trays (1/3 -cup capacity). Place on a large oven tray.
- Combine chocolate, butter, sugar, and water in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until smooth. Transfer to a large, heatproof bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add combined sifted flour, cocoa and baking powder to chocolate mixture. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in eggs until combined. Pour mixture evenly into prepared holes (about 1/3 cup in each).
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 minutes, or until just set and firm in the centre when lightly touched. Remove. Stand in trays for 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make ganache, process strawberries and 2 tblsps of the sugar in a food processor until smooth. Strain. Discard seeds.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add melted chocolate. Beat until combined. Beat in 1 tblsp strawberry puree. Tint pale pink with colouring.
- To serve, spoon ganache into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm plain nozzle. Pipe onto cakes. Top with remaining puree.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||36.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||102.4 g|
|- Sugars||78.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|