This moreish ice-cream cake is the ultimate celebration dessert.
- 400 g packet chocolate sponge roll
- 1 litre chocolate ice-cream
- 1 litre vanilla ice-cream
- 125 g mini caramel-filled chocolate eggs, halved, plus extra to decorate
- 125 g packet chocolate wafer biscuits, plus extra to decorate
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 300 ml thickened cream
- Grease a 24cm springform pan (base measures 22cm). Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edge.
- Cut sponge roll into 16 even slices. Arrange half the slices, in a single layer, over base of prepared pan.
- Place chocolate ice-cream and vanilla ice-cream in separate large bowls. Stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir until smooth.
- Stir eggs through chocolate ice-cream. Spoon into pan. Smooth over top. Arrange remaining sponge, in a single layer, over ice-cream.
- Stir biscuits through vanilla ice-cream. Spoon over sponge slices. Smooth over top. Cover. Freeze overnight.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, combine sugar and cream in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. Remove. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Refrigerate until cold.
- To serve, remove side of pan. Transfer to serving plate. Decorate with extra eggs and biscuits. Drizzle with sauce
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||81.3 g|
|- Sugars||70.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|