Take chocolate biccies to the next level with oozing drops of your favourite choc-hazelnut spread.
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 free-range egg
- ½ cup hazelnut meal
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Nutella, chilled
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add hazelnut meal and combined sifted flour, cocoa and baking powder. Mix well.
- Roll two level tblsps of dough into a ball. Using your thumb, make an indent into dough. Place on prepared tray, indent-side up. Repeat with the remaining dough, placing about 5cm apart on prepared trays.
- One at a time, spoon a heaped tsp of chilled Nutella into each indent. Pinch dough together to enclose. Re-roll into balls. Return to trays.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 12 minutes, or until firm when lightly touched. Remove from oven. Cool completely on trays.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.1 g|
|- Sugars||23.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|