Forget fish fingers and entice the family with this dish from the deep
- 600 g skinless firm white fish fillets, skin removed, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 free-range egg white
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- 250 g frozen raw peeled prawns, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- Process fish in a food processor until finely chopped. Add coriander, onions, paste, egg white and cornflour. Season. Pulse until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in prawns. Using damp hands, shape ¼ cups of mixture into patties (makes about 12).
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add patties in two batches. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, make salad. Combine juice and sauces in a large bowl. Add salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers and coriander. Season. Toss well.
- Serve fish cakes with salad and crusty bread.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.3 g|
|- Sugars||7.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|