This delicate toffee can be used to decorate cupcakes and cakes for an elegant soiree.
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp glucose syrup
- ½ cup water
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once sugar has melted, allow to boil until the toffee is amber-coloured. Don’t stir, but brush down the sides of the saucepan with a pastry brush dipped in water, to avoid crystallisation.
- Place baking tray on work surface. To make the nests, dip a spoon into the hot toffee and let it run off until it forms strings then drizzle over the baking tray, back and forth. Quickly and gently roll up into a nest. Repeat with remaining toffee.
- If toffee becomes too thick to work with, gently reheat.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||72.1 g|
|- Sugars||70.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|