This recipe is proudly sponsored by
Fresh food deserves a fresh finish with Gourmet Garden’s Basil Pesto Finishing Drizzle.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 150 g large pasta spirals
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls baby rocket or spinach leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 10 cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 bocconcini, halved
- 10 black olives or green olives
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tube Gourmet Garden Basil Pesto Finishing Drizzle
- To poach chicken. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add chicken and return to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stand chicken in water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Add oil and season. Toss to coat.
- Toss leaves with lemon juice and season.
- Slice chicken and season.
- Arrange chicken, pasta, leaves and remaining ingredients in two serving bowls.
- Top with Gourmet Garden Basil Pesto Finishing Drizzle.
• Exact cooking time of chicken will depend on size and thickness of fillet. Check to ensure it is cooked through.
• You can use any type of pasta to make this dish. Shells, orecchiette or even macaroni would be good.
• For a simpler version of this dish, you could use BBQ chicken or simply omit it altogether.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.0 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g|