Bring back happy memories with this comfort food classic from your childhood!
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 50 g butter, softened
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 8 rare roast beef slices
- 8 slices tasty cheese
- ¼ cup American mild mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped pickled cucumbers
- ½ small white onion, finely chopped
- To make the relish, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread half the bread slices evenly with half the butter. Turn over, buttered-side down. Spread evenly with tomato sauce. Top with beef, relish and cheese.
- Spread remaining butter over remaining bread slices. Place, butteredside up, over the cheese.
- Place two sandwiches in a heated jaffle maker. Close lid. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cut in half. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|