Comfort food classic alert – this will be a winter crowd-pleaser for the whole family.
- 500 g packet macaroni
- 50 g butter, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ cups grated tasty cheese
- salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and mustard until smooth. Continue whisking over a medium to high heat until boiling and thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir into pasta with 1½ cups of cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a greased, large, oven-proof dish (12-cup capacity). Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook, uncovered, in a hot oven (200C) for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||70.5 g|
|- Sugars||9.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|